Trehab Weatherization serves the following counties in Pennsylvania:
Bradford, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, and Wyoming.
Weatherization Services help reduce the cost of energy usage around the home through the installation of energy saving tools, utilities, and appliances.
Energy education is also in place as part of this program, to assist clients in further reducing energy costs by utilizing their energy more efficiently.
Keeping Houses Energy-Efficient
Weatherization is the nation's largest residential energy efficiency program. It is aimed at helping the elderly, the handicapped, and the low-income. Anyone who is income-eligible may apply. The program is designed to help households save energy and reduce heating bills, address health and safety issues, and increase financial independence. Program staff members also provide education in energy-efficient practices. Please review the Federal Poverty Guidelines before applying.
Funding for these programs is provided for by the PA Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED) office of Community Services, and is designed to meet the needs of low-income families.
Services provided include:
- Insulation - Attics, Sidewalls, Floors
- Weather stripping
- Replacement Glass
- Furnace Tune-ups, Repair or Replacement (LIHEAP Crisis Program)
- Energy Audits for Respective Energy Suppliers
- Penelec Warm Program
- UGICP Gas
How does it work?
- Weatherization's professionally trained crews evaluate single-family, multi-family, and mobile homes.
- Weatherization determines which energy efficiency measures are appropriate, emphasizing the most cost-effective measures and those which are essential for the health and safety of the occupants.
- Weatherization performs energy-efficient retrofits through the utilization of Department of Energy assistance and LIHEAP funds.
Crews and warehouses are located in Montrose (Susquehanna County), Sayre (Bradford County), and Wellsboro (Tioga County). All crews are supported by vehicles and equipment.
Employees are trained in all facets of energy savings and weatherization techniques, with ongoing education and training considered to be a top priority in order to keep up with constantly changing weatherization technologies.